H2Ocean Pro+ is a new pro formula aquarium salt - produced by a solar evaporative process which produces a totally natural base salt where all of the main and trace elements are in complete balance as nature intended.
The pure natural salt is then specially enhanced for aquarium use by elevating specific elements that over time become depleted, such as calcium and magnesium which are used by corals and coralline algae for growth.
Free from Nitrate and Phosphate.
The formulation for H2Ocean+ salt has been developed by D-D following many months of testing and evaluation. The salt is designed to dissolve quickly and easily and to have a specific chemistry which in our opinion is the optimum formulation to maintain a healthy reef and allow regular water changes whilst maintaining a natural balance.
Calcium and Magnesium levels are boosted to replace that used up through coral growth within the aquarium whereas chloride levels are slightly lowered to allow post additions of calcium and magnesium chloride with a minimized affect on the chloride balance.
Parameters when mixed to a S.G: of 1.025 @ 25C = 35.5 ppt
- pH 8.3 Range: 8.2-8.4
- dKH 9.3 Range: 8.7-9.8
- Calcium (Ca2+)440 Range: 430-460
- Magnesium (Mg2+) 1340 Range: 1300-1380
- Chloride (Cl-) 19550 Range: 19960-20130
- Potassium (K+) 410 Range: 380-420
H2Ocean Pro+ salt is recommended for use with Reverse Osmosis water or soft water with a calcium level lower than 30 mg/l. As the calcium level in H2Ocean+ is already enhanced to 440 mg/l then mixing with hard tap water which contains additional calcium may raise the concentration above normal recommended levels and cause the calcium to precipitate out of solution.
RO water removes undesirable ions like phosphate and nitrate from your tap water which otherwise would contribute to nuisance algae in your aquarium.
D-D manufactures a range of Reverse Osmosis units which are available from your retailer.
MAGNESIUM PRO PLUS FORMULA
Many salts concentrate on boosting calcium levels and ignore magnesium levels.
Maintenance of the correct magnesium concentration is equally important in a reef aquarium and will make it much easier to maintain stable calcium, pH and alkalinity.
Using a clean container:
- Add 1 Kg of H2Ocean+ to 24.2 litres of water ( 1 Lb to 2.9 U.S. Gallons )
- Mix well until all of the salt is dissolved and the solution is clear.
- We recommend that you aerate for 24 hours and bring to temperature before use.
- Check the S.G. before addition to the aquarium.
- If required add more salt or water to obtain the correct S.G. reading.
- Remember that S.G. changes with temperature.
- D-D recommends the use of a portable refractometer for accurate and consistent measurement of the S.G. of your salt solution.
6.6Kg Tub for 165 - 200 lts (14.55 lbs for 43-52 US Gallons)
23Kg Bucket for 575 - 690 lts (50.7 lbs for 152 - 182 US Gallons)