15-DAY LIVESTOCK GUARANTEE
Terms and Conditions
How to return dearly departed livestock
Buy with confidence. All aquarium livestock are
hand-picked, carefully screened for size and exceptional color, quality, and health by our expert hobbyists. Vivid Aquariums guarantees that all livestock (except
exempt species) will arrive alive and live for 15 days
will issue a refund for the purchase price of your lost item. We have the
best livestock guarantee on the web! (Previously, we only issued store credits.
Our new refund policy is effective March 16, 2008 and will not be retroactive.)
Terms and Conditions:
- Please read 'Terms and Conditions' and 'Excempt Species List'
carefully as there will be no exceptions.
- Please do not ship deceased specimens without our consent.
- Please do not discard
specimens without our consent as this will void our guarantee.
- Please freeze deceased specimens
while you wait for return authorization as described below.
- If your deceased animal goes 'missing' or gets 'eaten', we will not
provide a refund. Many missing animals are hiding and are not deceased. It
is your responsibility to provide proof of the deceased specimen.
- Fifteen-day guarantee begins on the initial delivery date.
- Customer must sign for package on the first delivery attempt -- even if
FedEx or DHL is late.
- Customer must follow all acclimating
- Tank’s water chemistry must be within the following parameters:
- Temperature – between 75°- 83° F and constant
- Ammonia – 0.0 ppm
- Nitrite – 0.0 ppm
- Nitrate – 0.0-30 ppm
- pH – 8.1-8.4
- Specific gravity – 1.020-1.025
- We will not be responsible for livestock that has died as a result of being
harassed or picked on by other fish.
- Specimen must be returned with a return authorization number according
to directions below.
- We will not issue refunds or credit for shipping costs.
- Guarantee applies to online orders only.
The exempt species listed below have special needs that must be met if they
are to be kept in an aquarium. Water quality and careful acclimation are particularly
important for these species. Many of them also have special dietary needs and
require careful attention to feeding. While we still guarantee that they will
arrive alive and in optimal health, we cannot guarantee these species after
arrival. We recommend that only experienced hobbyists or public aquariums purchase
The fish and invertebrates listed in red below
have the ability to secrete toxins, when stressed and/or upon death, that may
kill other fish in the aquarium. Careful attention must be paid to these species
to alleviate sources of stress. If these specimens become sick, remove them
immediately to a separate holding tank. Vivid Aquariums cannot accept
responsibility for any losses that occur if one of these species poisons the
The following fish and corals are exempt from our 15-Day Guarantee:
Full Size Angels
Blue Reef Chromis
Sharks & Stingrays
Powder Blue Tang
Red Coris Wrasse
Twin Spot Wrasse Juvenile
Carpet Anemones (All)
Long Tentacle Anemone
Spaghetti Leather Coral
Sea Apples (All)