|| ABOUT US
- Maintain a website where hobbyists can go to purchase
anything and everything they need to build, create, and maintain
a successful aquarium.
- Offer top quality products and livestock
for sale at competitive prices.
- Only sell net caught fish, corals, and invertebrates that
are well acclimated to aquarium life, eating
well, and healthy.
- Recommend products that we have used personally and know
are of top quality.
- Design, build, and install all shapes, sizes, and styles of high-quality custom
aquarium systems that are user friendly.
- Use high-quality photographs to give our customers an up-close
view of what they are buying.
- Share our knowledge to help our customers make educated
- Educate our customers about the importance
of strong filtration, changing water currents, adequate lighting,
stable water chemistry, and stable temperature in creating a
balanced aquarium habitat.
- Support aquaculturing facilities and captive breeding
- Pay our bills doing what we love to do.
Dave - Founder, Owner, President
is from Kensington, Maryland and a graduate of the University of
North Carolina at Wilmington with a degree in Business. Addicted to
reef aquariums, Dave conceived the idea of
vividaquariums.com in 2003, starting with tanks out of his garage.
It eventually took over his home and turned into a promising career
and business. In 2005, with hard work, borrowed money, and faith, he
opened a warehouse and retail location in Canoga Park, California.
Like a madman, he designed and plumbed the original Vivid
store by himself.
Dave has been a hobbyist for over 10 years. He is
an expert on building reef systems, loves all things coral, fragging,
expert in aquaculturing. His other hobbies include
photography, golf, snowboarding, mountain biking, scuba diving, and spending time
with his family.
Thuong ("Ti") - Web and
Ti is from Winston-Salem, North
Carolina and a graduate of the University of North Carolina at
Wilmington with a degree in Computer Science.
She is Dave's significant other and a hobbyist by default.
"When Dave told me he wanted to sell fish online, I thought he was
nuts." Upon further research, she realized he was onto
something. Ti manages everything web and marketing for Vivid
Jesus is in charge of
acquiring and maintaining high-quality livestock, aquaculturing, and fragging.
Jesus has been a hobbyist for over ten years and is an expert on
fish, reefs, and fragging. Other hobbies include soccer and...being a
Zach - Retail Sales Manager and WYSIWYG Photographer
Zach is a reef enthusiast, recently married, and loves
snowboarding. He also maintains some of LA's top home aquariums. For
aquarium maintenance needs, contact Zach.