How much should I feed my fish?
- Most saltwater fish should be fed twice per day. The best
way to determine how much is by looking at your fish.
- If their bellies are plump, you are feeding enough.
- If you see uneaten food sitting on the bottom, you are over-feeding.
- If their bellies are at all concave, either they are not
eating well, or you should feed them more.
What happens if I over-feed my tank?
- Over-feeding your fish results in a lot of extra waste in
your aquarium system making it harder to maintain good water
quality. It will also require you to clean your aquarium more
What should I feed my coral and invertebrates?
- Many invertebrates will scavenge your aquarium eating scraps
of food left over by your fish. Some will catch plankton and
other free-floating foods out of the water.
- Most corals feed on different types of plankton such as photoplankton
- Some corals and all anemones will eat a small piece of marine
flesh such as squid or shrimp if you place it on them.
See Products: Food, Vitamins, and Supplements