- HQI bulbs are double-ended and must be used with HQI lighting kits.
- All metal halide bulbs produce a beautiful shimmering light.
- The Kelvin (K) value of a MH bulb describes the color of the light the bulb produces.
- Bulbs with a higher K value emit more blue than bulbs with a lower K value.
- We recommend using a 10K, or 14K halide bulb for most reef aquariums.
- 20K bulbs emit a blue light similar to actinic blue, and should be used for “deep water” aquariums.
: All HQI Metal Halide Bulbs must be used with special UV glass to protect corals from excessive UV radiation. Faliure to do so could result in the loss of corals.