In our opinion the Oceans Motions 4-Way is the ultimate wavemaking device for any reef aquarium. We have had two Oceans Motions 4-Ways in operation on our 800 gallon display tank for over five years now and we love them! These revolutionary wavemakers will work on aquariums from 75 to 750 gallons.
How they work
Oceans Motions have a body with an inlet in the bottom of the unit (available in 1.5" or 2"), and four outlets around the perimeter of the body (outlets are 1" or 1.5" depending on the size of the inlet). Inside the body there is a drum that is turned using magnets and a motor that is secured to the top of the body. The drum rotates at a constant speed of 1 rpm diverting the flow out two of the four outlets at a time.
There are three different drums available and different drum versions create different flow characteristics.
Version 1 - has outlets running sequentially, (ie) 1, 2, 3 , 4, repeated.
Version 2 - will give a delayed sequence (ie) 1 & 2, 2 & 3, 3 & 4, 4 & 1, repeated.
Version 3 - has them opposed (ie) 1 & 3, 4 & 2, repeated. (Our best selling version! )
- Can handle flow up to 7500 gph and have no minimum flow requirements.
- Units with a 2" inlet have 4 - 1.5" outlets.
- Units with a 1.5" inlet have 4 - 1" outlets.
- Oceans Motions can be connected to your return pump, or a closed loop pump.
- We prefer to use them on a seperate closed loop pump.
Plumbing the four returns from your Ocean Motions 4-Way through the perimeter bracing in the top of your aquarium will allow you to position the returns in a variety of positions. We recommend using the Omni-flex nozzles and locating the returns near the four corners of the aquarium. You may also need a 5th return hole for your return pump.
- Available in 1", 1" dual, and 1.5"
- Allow you to direct the flow percisely
- Do not reduce flow like elbows do
- Are adjustable from 0-135 degrees
Please call if you wish to order Version 1 or Version 2 - they are available for the same price.
95% of the units we sell are Version 3 and we highly recommend this version.