- High-purity powdered calcium.
- Increases the concentration of calcium in marine aquarium
water to provide corals and other reef-building invertebrates
with one of the most important elements required for growth.
- Stronger and more economical than liquid calcium solutions;
created for hobbyists maintaining multiple reef aquaria.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- It is recommended that the calcium concentration in the aquarium be determined by using an accurate test kit prior to supplementing. Do not add this product directly to an aquarium containing live animals without first diluting in water as directed.
Calcium is required for the formation of aragonite, the skeletal material of reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. In reef aquaria, maintaining calcium within a range of 412 - 450 ppm will enable corals and other reef-building invertebrates to grow rapidly when all other physical and chemical requirements are met. [Magnesium, strontium, and carbonate ions are also complexed into aragonite, and their importance in a reef aquarium cannot be overstated.] The rate at which calcium is extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of calcium supplementation.