- Contains calcium, strontium, and magnesium in the same ionic
ratios found in aragonite. This unique feature increases the
usefulness of Kalk+2 to reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, calcareous algae, etc.
- Provides temporary alkalinity and helps maintain pH within the
desired range when used as directed.
- Adds no conservative elements, such as chloride, to the
- Improves upon the industry-standard powdered calcium
supplement over the past three decades.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
Calcium, magnesium, and strontium are required for the formation of aragonite, the skeletal material of reef-building invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 provides these elements and may also be used to help regulate pH in reef aquaria. Kalk+2 does not contain chloride salts, which is a strong point for some hobbyists. The use of kalkwasser-type products remains very popular with many seasoned hobbyists, regardless of innovations in calcium-delivery methods.