- High-purity powdered strontium.
- Incorporated by corals, clams, and other reef-building
invertebrates into aragonite, the mineral that is secreted as
- Stronger and more economical than liquid strontium solutions;
created for hobbyists maintaining multiple reef aquaria.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- It is recommended that the strontium concentration in the aquarium be determined by using an accurate test kit prior to supplementing. Do not add this product directly to an aquarium containing live animals without first diluting in water as directed.
Strontium is found in the bones of fish and, more importantly, in aragonite, the mineral secreted by reef-building marine invertebrates such as corals, clams, tube worms, and their respective allies. Overall, strontium accounts for between 0.75 - 1.00% of aragonite’s total mass, and findings suggest that strontium itself induces inorganic precipitation of other ions, creating abiogenic aragonite. Rapid growth rates of corals and other reef-building invertebrates witnessed when strontium is maintained at the natural seawater concentration of approximately 8 ppm suggest this element’s importance in the marine environment. Once the rate of strontium uptake in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated.