Buy with confidence. All aquarium livestock are hand-picked, carefully screened for size and exceptional color, quality, and health by our expert hobbyists. Vivid Aquariums guarantees that all livestock will arrive alive and live for 15 days or we will issue a REFUND for the purchase price of your lost item. We have the best livestock guarantee on the web!
Terms and Conditions:
- Please read 'Terms and Conditions' carefully.
- Please do not ship deceased specimens without our consent.
- Please do not discard specimens without our consent as this will void our guarantee.
- Please freeze deceased specimens while you wait for return authorization as described below.
- If your deceased animal goes 'missing' or gets 'eaten', we will not provide a refund. Many missing animals are hiding and are not deceased. It is your responsibility to provide proof of the deceased specimen.
- Fifteen-day guarantee begins on the initial delivery date.
- Customer must sign for package on the first delivery attempt -- even if FedEx is late.
- Customer must follow all acclimating procedures even if animals appear dead. While we pack with the utmost care, fish may be stressed from shipping and will become more lively after acclimation and rest.
- Tank’s water chemistry must be within the following parameters:
- Temperature – between 75°- 83° F and constant
- Ammonia – 0.0 ppm
- Nitrite – 0.0 ppm
- Nitrate – 0.0-30 ppm
- pH – 8.1-8.4
- Specific gravity – 1.020-1.025
- We will not be responsible for livestock that has died as a result of being harassed or picked on by other fish.
- Specimen must be returned with a return authorization number according to directions below.
We will not issue refunds or credit for shipping costs.
Guarantee applies to online orders only.
How to return dearly departed livestock:
- Call or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately within the Fifteen days to report loss. Be sure to include name, number, and message.
- Option 1: Take a digital picture in jpeg or gif format and email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name or order number in the email, name of the item lost, and picture.
- Option 2: Place deceased specimen in sealed plastic bag. Sprinkle specimen with table salt to prevent decay and place in freezer. After you receive return authorization by phone or email, place sealed bag in a padded envelope or small box and ship to the California address that will be given when you notify us. Write return authorization number on back of envelope. Packages must be received within 7 days of authorization.
- We will call or email you to let you know your account has been refunded.
- Sorry, we do not issue credit or refunds for any shipping costs.