Where do you ship?
Currently, we only ship to the 48 continental United States through our website. For Alaska and Hawaii, please call for shipping quote.
Is there a minimum order on livestock?
No, there is no minimum order.
How much is shipping?
How much is Saturday delivery of livestock?
Saturday delivery to your home must be selected during checkout. Saturday delivery to your home is an extra $15. However, if you pick-up at your local FedEx holding station, there is no extra charge. Call or email us to request "hold at FedEx" for Saturday.
How are live orders packed?
- Live orders are packed with care, expertise, and confidence.
- First, we only ship high quality, healthy specimens.
- Then, we use thick Styrofoam coolers, quality cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool packs, bubble wrap, and Styrofoam peanuts.
- The outer box states on all sides 'Fragile - Handle With Care', 'Live Fish - Protect from Heat and Cold', and 'This Side Up'.
- Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag, sometimes double, triple, or quadruple bagged, with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
- Also, while in the cooler, the specimen bags have absolutely no room to move or shift around during the shipping process.
- We do everything we can do decrease stress on livestock so that it arrives healthy and ready to be acclimated into your tank.
- We've been hipping livestock for over 10 years!
How do I know when to expect delivery of my livestock order?
After we receive your livestock order, we will CALL within 1-4 business days to let you set the shipping date. (Pre-order items may take up to ten business days.) This way you know when to expect your shipment, and we know your order will be delivered when you are available to sign for it.
How will I receive my tracking number(s)?
After your order is shipped you will receive an email with the Fed Ex tracking number for your shipment. You can enter your tracking number at www.fedex.com to track your order.
Why are livestock orders not shipped immediately?
We take the time necessary to be sure that all livestock are fully acclimated, healthy, and eating well in our holding facility before shipping. We get a lot of orders but will only ship a maximum amount of live order boxes a day to ensure quality. Additionally, we will only ship livestock that meet our high-quality criteria.
- Most in-stock livestock orders are ready to be shipped with your permission within 2 business days of the order date.
- Livestock marked PRE-ORDER are shipped within 14 days of the order date. We will keep you informed.
- Most live rock/sand orders are shipped within 2 business days of the order date.
- Most drygood & aquarium supply orders are shipped within 2 business days of the order date.
Why is it necessary for livestock to be acclimated at Vivid Aquariums’ holding facility?
Most livestock have already traveled thousands of miles before arriving at our holding facility. We must quarantine all livestock to make sure they are free from disease and fully adjusted to aquarium life. This allows us to be sure that you get consistent high quality, well-adjusted livestock.
Why are some orders separated into different shipments?
Products are separated into three categories for shipping purposes. The three categories are:
- Fish, Coral, & Invertebrates
- Live Rock
- Aquarium Supplies
Separating products into three shipping categories saves you money. Fish, coral, and invertebrates require faster shipping to help maintain the health of your purchase. Whereas, live rock and aquarium supplies do not require overnight delivery.
What shipping methods does Vivid Aquariums suggest?
We have set the following default shipping methods.
- Fish, Coral, & Invertebrates:
|Fed Ex Priority Overnight - 10:30 am next morning
||Fed Ex 2 Day - Afternoon delivery second business day
- Drygoods & Aquarium Supplies:
|Fed Ex Ground - Delivery in 1-7 business days
You do have the option to change your preferred shipping method. All livestock orders must be shipped overnight to reduce transit time.